AIPG Students Resources
Students, this page is a resource for your use. If you have suggestions on what you would like included on this page please let us know firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Application deadline - February 1st
AIPG encourages students to send in articles and photos to be printed in the AIPG journal The Professional Geologist.
Interested in presenting your work at a professional conference? Give a talk at the Annual Meeting.
Want to win money? Participate in the Student Poster Contest at the Annual Meeting!
AIPG 2018 Student Poster Winners
The AIPG Student Poster Winners at the AIPG 2018 National Annual Conference:
- 1st Place $600 - Graduate: Hasan Al-Saedi, SA, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO - Cost-Effective Enhanced Heavy Oil Recovery by Different Aqueous Ionic Solutions: Alternative Study of High Energy Cost Methods.
- 2nd Place $200 - Graduate: Tadsuda Taksavasu, SA, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO - Microtextural Characteristics of Colloform-Banded Epithermal Veins from the Buckskin National Gold-Silver Deposit, Northern Nevada.
- 1st Place $500 - Undergraduate: Austin Fellmy, SA, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI - Trace Element Analysis of Quartzite Clasts from Sespe Formation and Source Rocks from Southeast California and Central Arizona.
- 2nd Place $200 - Undergraduate: Jeneane Barber, SA, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Centennial, CO - Sand and Sage - A Match Made in Wyoming
- Special Recognition $50 - Undergraduate: Brigitte Petras, SA, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH - The Characterization, Composition, and Weathering of the Kasota Stone of the Cathedral of Saint Columba.
On September 10, 2018, the AIPG Executive Director, Aaron Johnson, presented checks to the AIPG Student Poster winners at the AIPg National Conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Meet Your Mentor™ Internet Radio Series Visits AIPG
- Getting a Job—Resumes, Networking, and Interviews
- Why Become a Student Member of AIPG
- Student Application - FREE (fill out form and submit or apply online). Click here to JOIN ONLINE.
- AIPG National Student Scholarship Program | Foundation of AIPG William J. Siok Graduate Scholarship
- Job Target (free resume and free viewing of job postings)
- Geology Career Pathways website from The Geological Society - http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/careers
- AIPG Student to Young Professional (2018) - Power Point Presentation by Brandy Barnes, YP
- Your First Steps in the Profession and the Future (09/21/08) - Power Point Presentation by Ray Talkington, CPG
- AIPG Arizona Section 2018 Student Workshop
Welcome and Introductions - Workshop for mining industry students and young professionals
Sponsored by American Institute of Professional Geologists, Arizona Section
•Diversity in Mining
•Resumes and CVs
Career in Mining - Nancy Morales, Business Development Manager - Mexico
The Professional Geologist, AIPG and the Profession, Resume y Curriculum Vitae (CV), Rodrigo Calles-Montijo, Maestro en Ciencias y Geólogo Profesional Certificado
Reaching YOUR Individual Goals within the Mineral Exploration Industry - ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Implicit bias: an unspoken hurdle for women and under-represented groups
Interviewing: What to expect and how to prepare
Mining Education at the University of Arizona, Moe Momayez
- 2015 GSA - Geology Employment Opportunities with State Agencies 3-19-2015 - Presentation by Ron Wallace, CPG, AIPG 2013 National President
- 2015 GSA - Transitioning to the Geoscience Workforce; How Diligence, Networking and Positioning Pay Off - Presentation by Simon Kline, P.G., CH2MHILL, Environmental and Nuclear Services, Atlanta, GA
- AIPG Student Chapters | AIPG Student Chapter of the Year Award | AIPG Student Chapters Manual pdf or word doc
- AGI/AIPG Summer Internships in Geoscience & Public Policy
- AGI Job Wheel and Preparing our Workforce (POW) Project American Geosciences Institute (AGI)
- Reflections on a Geologic Career - 4th edition (2002)
- AIPG Section (State) Web sites and Officers
- AIPG Young Professional Member Documents - AIPG has published over 230 articles and other documents specifically addressing student and young professionals in The Professional Geologist and as independent documents over the years. These articles have been collected along with a topical index of the articles that will assist in locating specific articles and documents addressing a specific topic. Included in this collection are all of the Student’s Voice columns, the articles for students published in the January issue of the TPG over the past several years, other student-authored articles, etc. Over the years, a wealth of useful information and advice is included in this collection, which will be updated as each issue of the TPG is published. Student Topics Index
- TPG - Journal of the American Institute of Professional Geologists
- The January/February issue of TPG has been dedicated to Students since 2003.
Resources provided by AGI
Geologic Guidebooks of North America Database: https://www.americangeosciences.org/georef/geologic-guidebooks-north-america-database
Geoscience in Your State (check out the fact sheet for your state): https://www.americangeosciences.org/policy/factsheet/states
Geoscience Currents: https://www.americangeosciences.org/workforce/currents