Why Become a Student Member of AIPG?
- Establish professional contacts and broaden knowledge.
- Attend technical meetings and field trips.
- Mentoring from other professionals and potential employment.
- Apply for undergraduate scholarships.
- Post resume and search for jobs on website.
- Resources on careers in geology.
- Submit articles to the bimonthly journal "The Professional Geologist".
The American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG) was founded in 1963 to certify the credentials of practicing geologists and to advocate on behalf of the profession.
These major priorities are predicated on the conviction that:
- the science of geology is vital to the interests of the nation, domestically and internationally, in times of peace and when national security is at risk; and
- in order to best protect public health, safety, and welfare; provide strategic resources; and assist in the effective administration of government programs in which geology plays a prominent role, the science of geology should be practiced by qualified geoscientists.
AIPG represents the professional interests of all practicing geoscientists in every discipline. Its advocacy efforts are focused on the promotion of the role of geology and geologists in society.
Join AIPG as a Student Adjunct Member. Student Members shall be currently enrolled with majors in a geoscience program at a college, university, or similar institution.
Student memberships have a 2-year membership cycle and can be renewed based on how long it will be before you graduate. After graduating you can move your membership to Early Career Professional. The first year of your Early Career Professional membership is free!
Click here to JOIN ONLINE