AIPG Section Resources
AIPG Sections, please let AIPG National Headquarters know if you have comments or suggestions on other services and information you would like the National office to make available on this page (firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 412-6205). AIPG Section Officers Yearly Submittal information and any changes throughout the year can be made online or by email at email@example.com.
- What is AIPG
- What AIPG Does
- Code of Ethics
- History of AIPG
- Mission Statement
- Strategic Plan
- Section Officer's Manual
- Student Chapter Manual
- Section Leadership Award
- Section Student Scholarships
- AIPG National Executive Committee
- AIPG Career Center
- AIPG National Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program
- AIPG Membership Categories and Requirements
- AIPG Section Officers and Websites
- AIPG Tabletop Booth with graphics, available to Sections to use (Sections pay for shipping - both ways) Choose Booth A Graphics or Booth B Graphics, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- - NEW! Standing Medium X Banner front view and back view - 32" x 72", available to Sections to use, Email email@example.com (National can help Sections have a custom banner made at Sections expense - approx. $65).
- NEW! AIPG Table Runner for booth table, available to Sections to use. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (National can help Sections have a custom banner made at Sections expense - approx. $35)
- AIPG Logos
- AIPG Section Co-Host Annual Meeting Policy
- AIPG Section Co-Host Technical/Seminar Conference Policy
- AIPG Section EIN List
- AIPG National and Section Dues Amounts
- Field Trip Indemnification Form
- AIPG Membership Statistics (1998 - 2020)
- AIPG 2017 Membership Survey
- Educational Materials for children - AIPG Geology Flyer and coloring pages (Utahraptor and minerals) and more.
- Web Sources for Geological Education Activities and Lesson Plans Have you been asked to give a presentation to a local school, scout group, or other community group? Need some ideas on what to say?
- Free Conference Calling - Uber Conference and Free Conference Call
- AIPG Application Forms - all membership forms
- AIPG Benefits Information Card
There are two cards, two sided, on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Print out double sided and give out with AIPG Membership Signup Card.
- Free AIPG Publications Online in pdf format (login required).
-Appraisal of Construction Rocks
-Education for Professional Practice
-Organization and Content of a Typical Geologic Report
-Petroleum Issues and Answers
-Home Buyer's Guide to Geologic Hazards
- 20% Section Discount on AIPG Insignia items - call to order (303) 412-6205
Most items are not in stock, please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- AIPG Membership Database information available via e-mail (Section Roster).
- The AIPG National Headquarters office will setup and maintain a simplified webpage for any section that requests it. Information that is to be included on these sites must be e-mailed.
- The AIPG National Headquarters office will setup and email out AIPG Section election ballots. Email the office your election ballot information and deadline for voting. The office will setup it up electronically.
- AIPG General Information(History, Why Become a Member, Bylaws, Code of Ethics, Policies, Procedures, State Geology Boards, Specialty Codes, Executive Committee, National Committees, Past Executive Committees, EFG, and more).
AIPG Fact Sheets (pdf format)
AIPG Section Officers' Manual
The AIPG Section Officers' Manual is in .pdf format and as a Word doc. You must have Adobe Reader on your computer to open the file. The Adobe Reader is free from the Adobe website. If you have any questions call headquarters (303) 412-6205.
This manual was created for the benefit of all Sections of the American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG). The contents of this document were selected to provide a fundamental source of information, documentation, and general guidance for all Members.
A major objective in creating this Manual is the establishment of a uniform and consistent operational guide for all AIPG Sections to encourage Sections to benefit from the experiences of each other and the National organization. The Manual will also preclude each Section from having to go through a learning process each time it decides to implement a service or activity new to the particular Section.
Contributions to this document were made by many individuals and Sections. There is no pride of authorship except for the documents which have been expressly and legally created through the rightful actions of the National Executive Committee. All documents can be copied and otherwise used by the Section Officers if doing so will assist them in performing official duties.
This edition of the Section Officers Manual is the first. It is based upon existing legal instruments which established AIPG and allow AIPG to function as a non-profit entity. The Manual uses as references AIPG Bylaws, AIPG Policies and Procedures, the AIPG Code of Ethics, and other guidance documents, internal memoranda, and forms.
As you use this manual, you will recognize subjects requiring more detail or revision. Your Section may have a unique experience from which all Sections and National would benefit. If at any time you wish to recommend modifications/additions to the Manual which would benefit the entire body of AIPG, please submit your recommendations to the National Executive Committee for consideration and incorporation into Addenda and subsequent Editions of the Manual.