American Institute of Professional Geologists
The American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG) is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about your access to the website to better serve you and to enable special applications, such as purchasing memberships, placing orders, paying dues, and registering for events.
AIPG is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-AIPG websites to which this website may link.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
When you first access the AIPG Website, we identify the IP-address from which you accessed our site. We save this information, along with the time you first entered the site. The website gives you a unique identifying user ID for the site, using a cookie. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies only contain your user ID number and no additional personal information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that.
AIPG tracks how you navigate through the website, mainly to the top of main sections of the site, so that we can better understand your use of the site so that we may continue to improve it.
AIPG collects information such as name, address, telephone number(s), and other contact, demographic, and billing information directly from you. It may also include data required to process Certified Professional Geologist (CPG) applications.
How Personal Data Is Collected
AIPG collects personal data under various circumstances. Most common are when an individual:
- Becomes a member of AIPG
- Creates an online account with login and password
- Registers for a conference or similar in-person event including as an exhibitor or sponsor
- Registers for a webinar or other online offering
- Downloads information from the AIPG website
- Participates as a speaker, author, or similar capacity
- Applies to become a Certified Professional Geologist (CPG)
- Purchases a product or donates from our online store
- Subscribes to a publication
How Personal Data Is Used
Personal data of individuals may be used for several purposes. Among them are:
- Membership administration
- Provision of member benefits
- Delivery of products and services of AIPG or other Associations
- Management of subscriptions
- Communication of AIPG events, products, services, offerings, benefits, and opportunities
- Direct Marketing
- Member and customer data analysis
- Development of directories
- Product and services customization and development including surveys
- AIPG section development and communications
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
There are several legal bases for the Association’s collection and processing of personal data:
- For the legitimate interests of AIPG, including the several uses listed above
- To perform a contract
- Based on consent
- Compliance to a legal obligation, court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims
Third Parties with Which Personal Data May be Shared
AIPG may share personal data with several other parties. These include:
- Sponsors of AIPG activities
- Exhibitors at AIPG events
- Publishers of AIPG publications
- Cloud service providers
- Service providers who perform functions such as marketing, research, shipping, and fulfillment
- Vendors contracted by AIPG
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make improvements to the AIPG website and to enable the development of a customized experience. AIPG has put in place reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal data collected by AIPG.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as credit card and payment information, we re-direct users to industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted servers. As a result, sensitive data you submit to our website, such as credit card and payment information is transmitted securely over the Internet.
Individual Rights Regarding Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, or update the personal information you have provided to us through this site, please log in to your profile and make corrections, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you have provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information by using the unsubscribe links found within communications or by changing your account settings. There is also a limited right to request deletion of personal data. Such requests should be directed to email@example.com.
Your Consent to this Policy
This website is not intended for use by children, and AIPG does not knowingly collect information from children. You must be 18 years old to access or use this website.
Policy Modifications and Contact Information
Last Updated: 5/3/2018
We welcome your comments; please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
1333 W. 120th Avenue
Westminster, CO 80234