Your login is your email.
Your password is your AIPG number (example: CPG-0000 or MEM-0000).
188.8.131.52. Continuing Professional Development
A voluntary program for recognizing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities by Certified Professional Geologists has been approved by the Executive Committee. All CPGs are encouraged to participate in the CPD Program. Details about this program can be found on the Institute's web site and descriptions of and discussions concerning the CPD have been and will continue to be published in The Professional Geologist.
Continuing Education Activities
- Successfully completing approved college sponsored course (semester)
- Successfully completing approved college sponsored course (quarter)
- Monitoring or auditing college sponsored courses
- Successfully completing qualifying courses which are awarded CEUs
- Successfully completing qualifying seminars, tutorials, short courses, correspondence, televised or taped courses or programs
- Attending qualifying in-house programs sponsored by employers or others
- Attending qualifying programs at technical and professional meetings
- Teaching, instructing or making presentations at A through F
- Authoring published papers, articles or books
- Writing "accepted" professional examination problems (ASBOG)
- Professional/technical society officer, national organization
- Professional/technical society officer, state or local sections
- Membership in national technical organizations other than AIPG
Contact Hour: A unit of measure that represents an hour of scheduled instruction given to students.
CEU (Continuing Education Unit): One CEU (Continuing Education Unit) is defined as 10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.
CPD (Continuing Professional Development): Sometimes called continuing professional education. Programs and courses designed specifically for individuals who have completed a degree in a professional field (such as law, medicine, dentistry, education, geology, etc.) to obtain additional training in their particular field of study.
- Program Title: AIPG Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD Program).
- Statement for AIPG’s CPD Program: To provide an opportunity for all Members and CPGs to participate in an individually-designed professional development program within a supportive structure provided by AIPG.
- Participation in the CPD Program is voluntary.
- Record: It is the responsibility of the participant to maintain a record of CPD activities.